Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 2:23-25


“No one who denies the Son has the Father; everyone who confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he has promised us, eternal life.” (1 John 2:23-25).

Prayer

What have I have heard from the beginning? I have heard that you, my brother, Jesus, are the face of the Holy Mystery who long has haunted me. You are the source and substance of Life Eternal, the font and final fulfillment of all life. From the beginning, you are the truth, the love who is the origin of all I see and more I cannot. You are light, and in you there is no darkness, but only purity of Being and Love who fills all time and space--and who seeks to complete me.

You are all this and more I cannot speak. For you are always More, more love, more compassion, more life, more joy, more mystery, more than I can think or imagine. You are always greater--greater than human struggles and sorrow, greater than despair and suffering, greater than our hopes and dreams, greater than our fears and failures, greater than all that troubles and disfigures us body and soul. You are the Ever-Greater One, and you abide in my brother Jesus.

This you have told us from the beginning. And my heart has long known that the contours of Jesus’ life and face are the features of eternity, of you, O Eternal Wonder.

Let us abide in you, Jesus. Teach our hearts to rest and remain in your love and beauty. In that abiding, we meet the love you are, knowing you and ourselves as if for the first time. In you, we discover the unspeakable wonder that, like you, our created bodies bear the Uncreated Beauty of the Ever-Greater One. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: