Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday, March 23, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 2:24b-25

“If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is what he has promised us, eternal life.”

Prayer

Already the bird sings out the window, Joyous One. Surely you are Creator of spring’s in-breaking, and the bird’s song is your own, arising from the lightness of being that fills the heart on such days as this.

Earth arises from winter’s little death. The seasons turn as tender green wrestles with winter grayness. And hope bubbles from source unseen, awakening awareness that I am part of all this, inextricably connected with the mystery of life and you.

You promise eternal life, and I think I could be well satisfied with an everlasting supply of days like today, filled with hope and the savor of your presence. I dwell with and in the heart of life and joy you are, utterly certain that it is love that has given rise to days like this … and to me.

This is eternity, isn’t it, Holy Joy? Eternal life is to dwell with and in you, knowing no separation but only the enveloping presence of you, who are loving joy beyond my capacity to imagine or feel. But today I think I have a taste of what you promise. Thank you. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: