Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Luke 3:21-22

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, ‘You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased.’ 

That smile

I see you there.

I see your head titled slightly to the sky above, the water beneath you. And I see the smile that plays across your lips and shines in your eyes, a smile of knowing.

I see your heart in that smile, warmed and made alive by the Heart you hear speaking to you, calling you beloved.

You look around and everything glistens with the Love you know within.

Everything you see and hear speaks to you of the Love Who Is, the Love who calls you ‘Beloved.’ 
But nothing shines so brightly, nothing speaks so clearly as that smile … of knowing.

I see it. It warms my heart. For in that smile I know that I, too, am beloved.  

Open my eyes to every way you speak to me today that hearing your great love I, too, may smile.

Pr. David L. Miller






No comments: