Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Genesis 9:11-15

God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 

Rainbows

I know. Rainbows appear as the sun embraces the earth and awakens color from water vapor suspended in air, water refracting light.

But this does not explain the delight the bow awakens in the heart—or the rush of happy hope that springs from depth of soul as we see the colors kiss the sky.

Arching over the earth at the end of the rain or amid the spray of waterfall, the bow speaks peace. Love speaks, the Love whose will is the peace of our hearts.

It is God’s peace sign, lighting the sky with the colors of love. And no one can avoid looking when comes the excited shout, “Look, a rainbow!”

Every eye turns skyward to embrace the beauty that embraces the earth. And again, we know … our world is more beautiful and mysterious than we imagine on average days when work consumes our anxious minds.

Love and gratitude are stirred for every expression of love and hope that lifts us into the joy for which we long. And for a moment, we are one with the Heart which our hearts most need.

One, with the Love you are.

Pr. David L. Miller



No comments: