Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Today’s text

Psalm 91:1-2

You who live in the shelter of Infinite Light, who abide in the shadow of Infinite Love, will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress; my God, in you alone will I trust.’

Reflection

There is a dwelling, a place of peace we enter and find you, finding, too, the strength to walk freely through the day.

Unlocking the door of our inmost heart through prayer, we step into the place of meeting and knowing, the space where you abide, the place where your eternal welcome lies waiting

Prayer opens the door and carries us to the meeting place, a large room, no, an inner mansion with many rooms, and you are in each one. Each is shot through with filtered light and silent love that says nothing but receives each of us fully.

There is no fear, no anxiety about what comes next. Self-rejection and self-hatred have disappeared for they have no place in the Presence of Infinite Love.

We can wander through the mansion, stopping to look here or there, light streaming through curtained windows, illuminating the rooms, scattering the dust from floors and corners, filling the heart with every comfort of home.

“Here I am; here I belong,” the heart says. This is me, a world within my and every heart, a world I barely knew existed, and you are here, always, waiting for me to unlock the door and enter the place where we are together and my heart knows safety and peace.

Entering this gracious space is easier in my quiet morning place than it will be in coming hours. The time will come to rise from this chair where words find my fingers and carry me into this refuge of heart.

Too soon I will step from the quiet into the noise of living, and the peace and assurance I know here will fade and feel less vibrant and sure.

But this place, this inner mansion where you and I abide will still be there, within me wherever I go.

I want only to abide there, as I walk through this day. I don’t want to lose the awareness of this moment, the knowledge that you and abide together in this inner space where the safety of grace surrounds me on every side.

“You cannot escape,” you say to me. “ I do not leave. I dwell with you all through the day. Each step you take, I am there. None of your steps take you away from me, away from us, the unity of soul we know in this place. That is always … here.

“All you need do is say my name, bring a word to mind, call to me, remember this time. The door will open … and you will know.”

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: