Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today’s text

Matthew 11:25-30

At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to little children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do. Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, just as no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 'Come to me, all you who labor and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.'

Prayer

I feel your joy, Jesus. Your praise of God is spontaneous. It springs fresh from the ecstasy of undiluted gratitude. An irrepressible urge to exclaim ‘thank you’ enraptures you.

Thank you for my life. Thank you for the joyous thing you allow me to do. Thank you that simple hearts may know what no eye has seen. Thank you for the rapture of knowing a love without boundary. Thank you for wrapping your world in belovedness. Thank you for giving me eyes to see it and lips to speak it.

Are these your words, Jesus, or mine?

They are both, of course. Even now you allow me to know your joy. For like you, I witness the wisdom of that Love who holds us both fast. Like you, I bask, and I share it, however imperfectly.

And I witness the divine wisdom of God etched on every face unburdened and released by an incomparable mercy that conquered my heart long ago.

So blessed are you, Lord of heaven and earth, for this heart and all hearts who know you.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: