Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 2:27-28


“As for you, the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he is revealed we may have confidence and not be put to shame before him at his coming.”

Prayer

You are Life Abiding, Everlasting Love indwelling. You are the Holy Attraction that holds together all that is, lest creation fly apart and be no more than a fine and formless dust driven by galactic winds, a gritty, senseless chaos of no order or beauty.

You are the abiding, erotic power drawing all that is into community with you and all you love, and you delight in all you have made, even me.

You are the Holy One, the Loving Mystery on whom my heart relies and rests, especially on days of illness and fatigue when I have little strength to hold myself together and meet the day’s challenge.

Let me rest today in the anointing of your Spirit that abides and teaches heart and mind what I need to know and share with your people. They are yours, and you cherish them and dwell in them. And I desire not to deprive them of any small graces you would give through me.

Abiding in your divine love that abides also in this existence you privilege me to live, grant gentle confidence that I may dwell not in shame or apology but in joy, knowing that I, too, am yours, a child of your delight, a soul of your abiding. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: