Thursday, August 09, 2018

Thursday, August 9, 2018


Psalm 63:2-4, 7

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life
My lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands and call on your name. …
For you have been my help
In the shadow of your wings I sing for joy

Morning prayer

This is where we start each day, with a word of praise to the One whose sanctuary is not made with human hands. You, Lord, dwell among the trees and encompass mountains tops and broad plains, the rivers and streams that flow on and on, the waters giving a sense of timelessness … and peace.

I watch the waters, and I know … you, who are as timeless as the water’s flow, on and on, bidding me to sit at water’s edge that I may know that my life, too, is carried in the current of your love, made fresh by each new awareness of you.

Creation surrounds and holds us, each part speaking our name, whispering, “I am here. I dwell amidst this beauty. All you see is the joyful play of my divine heart. Come and know me.”

Fill my heart, Holy One, as I go again to woods that surround and hold me in a womb of living beauty where birds sing and deer shyly watch as I walk, an invader in their home.

I go to see their beauty, to hear the song of birds; that is true. But really I go to hear and know you, to breathe and feel your steadfast love that is new every morning.  

Open our eyes to see and our ears to hear you in this earthly sanctuary that is our home … and yours. Grant us grace to see you in every grace and beauty, in each face we see, in moments of joy and those that call for our compassion.

Help us to see and hear and know your steadfast love. Today.

Pr. David L. Miller





No comments: