Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Matthew 13:44-46

‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. ‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.

The pearl

You are worth everything, for you are the Love from which all things come.  

You are the Love for which I have longed every hour of my existence, little knowing that what I most needed and wanted was You.

I did not know that the ecstasy of Love filling the heart is the only cure for the anxieties and loneliness of the human heart.

We hunger for reunion, aching to be one with the One Love from which we come. We are restless, until we bask in a Love so encompassing it that it drenches our souls and overflows our hearts and evaporates every dark thought and worry.

Only then do we know what you always intended us to know, for we have found the pearl of great price; we have tripped upon the treasure buried in the field of our own heart.

You are the treasure. You are the pearl. You are the Love beyond all worlds and the Love you awaken in me.

Come wake me today. Come as the Incomprehensible Love you are. Fill my heart so completely that it is impossible to want anything else. Come, satisfy the longing in our leaky hearts.

Light my life with words of grace, with smiles of welcome, with hearts that care, with beauty that awakens every sense and fills my heart with joy and hope.

Let me feel your heart within my own. Set me free to be the Love you are in me.

Pr. David L. Miller





No comments: