Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday, July 28, 2017

 John 20:19-23

When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, ‘Peace be with you.’ After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.’ When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. 

Breathe peace

Speak to me today.

I long to hear to hear your voice speaking peace to my heart.

Just one word is enough, for yours is the voice of calm. Your presence stills the heart. Your Soul, the very Soul of God, speaks directly to mine.

You speak and the noise of consciousness falls away. The clamor of the day quiets. There is only you, the sound of your voice, speaking a single word, “Peace.”

This is your first and essential word to me. Hearing you, I am happy, truly, and free to live the truth and blessing I know when I hear your voice and enter the peace you speak to me.

Wrongs are forgiven, fears disappear and doubt vanishes. There is only you, your voice.

So speak to me today. Speak in your wounded hands raised in blessing … to me. Speak in the voice of soul, the Love that rises from depths within. Just speak the word. One will do.

Open my ears to hear you every place I go and in everything I do. Let me hear you in the breeze that stirs the leaves and the birds that serenade my walks.

Speak your peace in the skies to which I lift my eyes, longing to know you more. Speak in every greeting I exchange with those who come my way.

Speak to us today. And when the day ends we will rest, eager to rise and hear your voice again.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: