Saturday, May 09, 2015

Saturday, May 9. 2015

Colossians 3:12

As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.

Lilly’s dance

Lilly dances with delight as we sing“Glory to God in the Highest.” She steps into the aisle with a little girl twirl when the choir sings and the congregation lifts praise, “Holy, Holy, Holy.” Her feet are made for joy and her soul for delight.

But greater still is the delight I see and feel as I watch her and coax her to come toward the Lord’s Table where I stand, hoping the congregation will see her and feel what I feel.

Tell me, Jesus, is this what you want me to know and feel, this delight of love, this joy in knowing and praising you?

You want me to feel the love and compassion that fills you, the kindness and humility in which you give yourself to me, the patience and care that flows from the beauty of your heart. You ache for me to know this beauty that I see in this girl, barely three.

Delight fills me as I watch her, and I am clothed with the life you want for me, this joy, this delight from which love and compassion flow as naturally as laughter from the lips of a loved child.

You do not ask anything of me that you do not give.You do not command but invite me to be clothed in the life you are, O Christ, the life you give. For all that you are ... you give to me, to us, and I see what you are in Lilly’s dance.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: