Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today's text

John 3:5-8

Jesus replied: In all truth I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born through water and the Spirit; what is born of human nature is human; what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be surprised when I say: You must be born from above. The wind blows where it pleases; you can hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

Prayer

The wind blows where it wills, where you will, Blessed One. And it blows here.
Fingers over the keys, perched and waiting for words to flow from inmost source, the heart fills and overflows. Peace prevails. Love bubbles.

And again I know the wordless truth you are.

I have nothing to say; no words will do. Nothing can be said beyond gratitude for the awareness that You Are. You Are this life that comes and fills the heart making me new as gentle music fills the room and lightness my body.

I know your delight: to fill all you love with this life and lightness of being, that all may join the dance of your love in time and space.

The wind of your life blows from an eternal desire to carry all of us off in its flow. Impermeable boundaries of race and religion, nation and clan cannot stop you. The holy wind passes through them all, seeking every crack and opening. And we cannot stop it.

For you blow even through the corridors of this heart, coming unbidden by anything save your love for me.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: