Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 5:19-20


“We know that we are God’s children, and that the whole world lies under the power of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”

Prayer

I dwell in the cloud of knowing. I dwell in you, the true, where that which is false and illusory disappears and fails to confuse my sight and soul. In the true, I know what is real and substantial. I know you and only you. For you are the true, the lasting, the real, the constant. There is no illusion or lie in you, no failure or fading, no dilution of love or life, only the ultimate and eternal truth of life itself: You.

You who are love: That is the true that never fails or falters.

Enveloped by the in the cloud of your all-possessing love, I no longer see the “realities” I confuse with the true. The lies about what gives strength and security, meaning and purpose disappear. The only security that is real is You, your love alone. And my true self appears only as I rest in you. All else is illusion.

Clothed and surrounded, enveloped and enclosed within the cosmic expanse of your embrace, I no longer dwell under the power of evils and fears that enslave me body and soul. I know the freedom of being in Love Itself, and I know that anything less is half-life and illusion. This is real and true, as eternal as your love. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: