Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday, June 8, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 5:20b

“We are in him who is true, in his son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”

Prayer

Center my heart this day in the middle of the enveloping cloud of your loving presence. Quiet my soul and give me the peace that knows all is well, for I am in you, who are Love.

Anxieties seek to undermine the assurance and calm in which you welcome me to live. I weary of beating back the fears that haunt my soul even after decades of struggle. But I will quit fighting. For I know quiet of mind flows from one thing, one truth, one reality--you, from the awareness that in every moment I am in you, the true, the eternal, the Loving Mystery.

Abiding in you is eternal life. In you I find rest and peace, hope and strength. Fears evaporate, and my heart beats slow and steady. My soul flows with a love and joy that springs from eternity. I walk surrounded by your cloud of enveloping presence, and I know you, for I know your desire. And what are you if not the constant desire of your divine heart?

You seek to fill my flesh and all that is with your love and life. So this day I shall dwell in the cloud of awareness, knowing that which is true and eternal and near as my breath--the Love whom you are--that you may fill me and be glorified in my mortal flesh. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: