Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Wednesday, May 2, 2018


Genesis 1:1-3

In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Then God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good.

Because I know

Morning breeze blows the steam rising from my cup as cars go by on the street in front of Starbucks. Air finally warm drifts across my bare arms, happy to be unsheathed after a winter too long. People park, enter the shop and emerge with cups in hand, continuing with their day.

Joy fills my heart because I know it is true: Everything that is, everything I am  ... is because of you. Joy comes with knowing everything I see and everything I am has a beginning in you.

You create that you may have one more thing, one more beauty, one more person to love. In the beginning there is just you, just the love you are. You call light into being, and I am part of that light even as the light of new day wakes the earth.

Finding a moment of repose in these early spring days, I feel the love that is in everything.

Your Spirit Heavenly One, sweeps over everything I see. One translation says the Spirit hovers over the deep. I like that: hovering, like mother bird keeping watch, delighting in everything you see, loving it and inviting me to love it all just as you do.

May I love it all today, everything that comes, every face I see. Loving as you will make it a very good day.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: