Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

 Isaiah 35:3-4

Strengthen the weak hands,
   and make firm the feeble knees. 
Say to those who are of a fearful heart,
   ‘Be strong, do not fear!
Here is your God.
   He will come with vengeance,
with terrible recompense.
   He will come and save you.’ 

You will come           

I see you, and seeing … you … breathes joy into my heart and strength into my being. Seeing, I know: There is nothing to fear. With resolve my legs carry me into whatever … whatever comes next.

It does not matter because I see you, and in seeing I feel the Love you are deep within this heart, at a place you and no one else can touch. And I am alive … with you, alive with the Love you are.

That is the way it is every time I see you. The Love I see awakens within, and I know: That which you are … I am, too. This Love is what made me and is what I truly am and what I am being created to be.

I see you, Blessed Christ, as you see the eager longing of those who come to you. You are moved to joy at the trust and determination that brings them to you in hope of healing.

And you touch them. You heal them. You forgive them. You open your arms to receive all who in human need come with hearts of hope to be blessed and made whole the way only Love can make us whole.

I see this in words of Scripture and in the faces of those who hold my hands when I pray for them. I see it in those who extend empty hands to receive broken bread, believing that somehow this is you coming to make them whole again.

And you come to us. You always do. Patience. It is only a matter of time before we see and feel you coming to us as the Love you are. And then, each time, I know and feel the joy you have as you touch … me … and all of us.

So come to us, Lord Jesus. Come with Love. Come with joy. Come make us whole. Our hearts grow weak without you.

Pr. David L. Miller

                                                                                                                                            

No comments: