Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

John 6:66-69

Because of this many of his disciples turned back and no longer went about with him. So Jesus asked the twelve, ‘Do you also wish to go away?’ Simon Peter answered him, ‘Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.’

Places in the heart

Dusk fades; the day nearly done. A cardinal lights on the side fence, a female, hopping from one post to another, coming closer to my chair. For a full minute she watches me, then flits and is gone … home, I suspect, to a nest in the neighbor’s yard where she has raised her young.

My heart flies with her to a place invisible to the eye, a place in the heart where I know your Heart. This is where I go to know the life eternal You are, resting as the cardinal in her nest, knowing the Love that is Home.

Where shall we go? Where can we know the Love who is beyond the dim flicker of stars in the twilight? Where is the place, near as our flesh, always waiting, always eager to welcome and fill us with the life that is Life?

You are the place. You invite me to dwell in your Heart and be filled with the Love that holds and works in every heart and in everyplace I go.

“Come, dwell in me,” you invite. “Rest in this knowing. I am your home.

“Surrender your unfulfilled hopes, your unfinished plans, your incomplete life and rest in the Love I am. Release it all. Be patient. Force nothing. There is no need.

Trust and know … the Love I am will never depart and will unfold a way for you that is full of Life and the Love your heart craves.

“You were made for me, and the Life I am is for you … and in you, shining in the diamond of your soul and reaching beyond the twilight stars.

“Believe these words. Trust them … and know."

Pr. David L. Miller



No comments: