Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday, July 31, 2015

Ephesians 3:16-21

I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

In a red chair

Sitting in a red chair in a room called Serenity, I know myself. This knowledge is not a thought but feeling and awareness. Tingling delights within as I listen to a troubled heart musing aloud from the couch opposite me.

Something just fits. I belong here, to this listening, as together we wait for wisdom and grace to appear and set him free from the grip of anxiety and guilt.

We wait, and I know I need nothing else than to be here, part of this mutual listening for the One who is Love to appear and fill us. But already I am full. I need wait no longer.

In this moment to breathe is to love. I cannot … not love.

There is no fear, no anxiety or hate in me for anyone or anything. Every breath I take is one of love. I love the person on the couch. I love this messy world. I love the longing and confusion I so often feel. I love the work I do and this place. I love the miracle of life, the sheer fact of existence, and I know … I am this love that is no love but the Love Who Is from the Beginning.

My soul is grounded yet soaring, filled yet flying, light as a feather in the wind, floating free, able and content to be this love in this time and this place, needing nothing more than what this moment provides.

“Breathe,” a most gracious voice says. “Breathe and know this is you, and this is me. This union of our hearts is all you were ever meant to be. All you will ever need is here. In this moment, you know what the mind cannot know, the love that surpasses all knowing.

“All that matters is this union, this knowing. Breathe and know.”


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: