Thursday, April 02, 2015

Thursday, April 2, 2015

 Revelation 12:1-2

A great portent appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pangs, in the agony of giving birth.

Pregnant with life

With each morning a challenge comes. Shall I rise above the lethargy that longs only for my bed, or shall I come here and seek you, Holy One? Shall I descend the stairs once more that my fingers may find the keys and my mind the words that open my heart?

Shall I come to this candle-lit space that I might know you and be raised from sleep once more?

Resurrection is not only an event but a practice to be renewed each day. Our souls are pregnant with life.

The One who is Love waits to be born again in us that we may know the exhilaration of love that is Love passing from the womb of our souls, through our lips and fingertips to speak and touch this world.

We give birth again to you whose birth within brings joy that shines in our eyes and spills from our hearts.  

These seem strange thoughts, but they are true to your people in every age. We, your people, are the woman clothed with the sun, pregnant with you.

Will is required for the new to be born and raise us to life, the will to pray or sing, to listen or see, to serve or to just keep trying to do the good when it is easier to quit. Such is the labor that delivers life.

For me, it requires the will to get out of bed listen again to your word (even strange passages like this one). I listen to you, to life and to my heart, and the birth of Spirit within my spirit comes.

You are born again in me, and I am alive with life that does not die. Resurrection comes once more with joy and hope so much brighter than my candles. 

That’s the way it works. It’s why I come here.

Pr. David L. Miller



No comments: