Sunday, March 15, 2015

Monday, March 16, 2015

Luke 22:19

Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.’

For you

I feel your heart, Jesus, and more than anything I want all who are near to feel it, too.

It happens most every week. I hold high the loaf and repeat your words. “This is my body … broken … for you.” Some days I can barely say them as tears of knowing fill my eyes.

I know you as the words cross my lips and I break the bread. If I should be so bold, I feel what you felt. I know your desire. I know what you wanted your friends to know: “This is my life, my love, yes … the infinite love of God … for you.

“It is my delight and deepest desire to give you this life. I want you to break bread, remember and know … there is a Love who always wants you, always treasures you, a Love who has known you since before the birth of time. Always know.

“Oh, you will forget. You will get lose yourself in the details of living. You will know hurt and shame and disappointment and begin to doubt that my love is real. You will fail me … and yourself. Sometimes, you will feel lost and a million miles from me. And the deep desires of your heart will not always come true, perhaps not ever.

“But even then, especially then … hear my words, receive this bread … and know what is in my heart … for you.”


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: