Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 24, 2013


Today’s text
 
Philippians 4:4-5

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.

Holy joy

Some days are so holy.
Yes, I know all days are holy,
gift and grace.

But today it is all ‘round,
golden leaves fall, covering
the yard, a blanket of color,
the bounty of summer,
giving themselves to the earth
and me, the gift of life for whatever
life will come when earth warms
again to delight my soul
in the new season

Fedora pulled low, shielding
my eyes from the sun still warm
penetrating the soul’s
inner room, painting the patio
cloister gold and blue, as tears
from hidden Source clear the soul’s
vision awakening thanks
for this moment, for the holiness
that surrounds and fills everything
and me.

Thank you for the gold and blue,
but more for eyes and heart awakened
to feel and know … the Love in all things
and me, too. Love that opens eyes
and heart to see and know the Mystery 
of what is right there, present 
every moment,beauty of Love untold, 
grace of the Grace beyond knowing, 
heart awakened by the Love within, 
warming me even more 
than autumn sun.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: