Monday, October 06, 2014

Monday, October 6, 2014



Today’s text

Psalm 23:1-2

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
   He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
   he restores my soul.

Restoration

Everyday I come here,
steam rising from tan
cup, breathing a promise
to awaken my mind
and bring me back
to myself.

Heady fragrance fills
my head, hope awakens,
my chest warm with gentle
flame no science measures
or begins to explain.

Hope, yes, but already
real, not far away,
awakened by something
deeper than the morning cup.

It is you, again, known, in
this mysterious knowing I
shall never understand,
warm within, touching
eyes with gentle tears to
see clearly and feel life 
awakened by something
more than rich brew.

Restoring souls is your
business, awakening again
the life that is lost in living that
living we may be, and not me
alone but we, the we, in which
so much of you … lives.

Pr.  David L. Miller


No comments: