Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday September 26, 2014



Today’s text

Psalm, 25, 1,6-7

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust; …
Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love,
   for they have been from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
   according to your steadfast love remember me,
   for your goodness’ sake, O Lord!

A morning prayer

I cry to you in the morning, O Lord,
like billions before me and
untold numbers
who will take my place
when I am gone.

But that is not now.
Now, I am here, needing
the peace of your presence,
the magic of the Love that melts
every sorrow and trouble,
lifting my eyes,
telling my heart that this soul of mine
is loved and wanted,
that this heart is yet beautiful
as the symphony
that fills this basement room
and me.

Tell me
what my heart needs to know.
Fill me
with the Love you are.
Send sacraments
of your nearness
to save me from myself.
Deliver me
from demons
that wake me on lonely nights,
and I shall be free to praise you.

Knowing you is life.
So this day let me feel
the sun on my face,
the autumn air on my skin and
flowing lightly through my lungs.
Let me see
the smiles of your beloved,
and I will know joy again,
praising you for the goodness
you are.

I live to know
your Love.
Your love is life and wonder,
beauty and freedom,
and I believe against all doubt
in the Love
that never lets us go.

So let me know
in all the ways you speak
the Love that is life
and my heart shall fly free.

Pr.  David L. Miller

No comments: