Friday, June 27, 2014

Saturday, June 28, 2014


Today’s text

Matthew 10:40-42

Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.

What we welcome …

Gracious Presence, let me welcome you wherever and however you appear, for you come with love unbounded to make me alive, releasing every weight that binds my heart.

There are such moments, Jesus, when my heart soars because the Love that burns at your core shines on me … and in me … awakening my heart to staggering beauty and joy.

I stammer for words, trying to find just the right ones to say, ‘thank you,’ for such love unbounded that overflows the soul and leaves me speechless.

How does one say thanks for a Love that is eternal and true, a Grace that embraces all one is and smiles with delight at your stumbling attempt to express what you feel and know?

“Just breathe,” you say, “and know.”

Know?

“Yes, know that I will meet you on the way.”

The way?

“Whatever way you go, wherever your wandering feet take you. I will be there in those I send your way. Watch and welcome the souls of grace and those who correct you, those whose gentle hospitality bears cool water to refresh and remind you … life is not a race but a rare gift to be received moment-by-moment as it comes from my hand.”

And what of moments that are hard and unfair?

“I am there, too, reminding you to take into your soul only those things that bring life, Brush off your hands and walk away from that and those whose presence does not bring life and love, light and knowledge of me.

“Seek me in all things, all times and places for I will come, eager for your welcome that I may lift you to the life I have for you, the Life I am.”

Pr.  David L. Miller







No comments: