Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday, February 18, 2014



Today’s text

Matthew 5:43-45

You have heard how it was said, You will love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; so that you may be children of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on the bad as well as the good, and sends down rain to fall on the upright and the wicked alike.

Reflection

This day, Holy One, let me stay in the current of love flowing from your divine heart. That is what these difficult words are about, are they not?

Our brother, Jesus, tells us what you want for us, and yes, for the world, too.

The sweet light of morning, the dawning of newness on fresh-fallen snow, glows gold and blinding crystal on powdery white so recently fallen from winter skies.

Light streams over the earth, a new day, a fresh start.

Nothing stops the light. Nothing stops the day from coming. It is a flow of grace, of love and wonder from you who are Infinite Source.

It does not select or choose. It just flows, on and on, seeking every cold corner to warm and make alive.

This is your nature, ever flowing light embracing the earth and warming our hearts with the hope that life might be as bright and wondrous as the scene outside my window.

I look and see, but you invite me to more, to come out and play in the morning light and be warmed through so that I am one with the light that delights my senses and awakens my heart.

“Be one with me,” you say. “Let the light I am fill you so that you may become light amid winter’s chill and be like the sun’s streaming rays, ever flowing, embracing the earth and each moment like sun rays from my eternal store.

“This is joy, and everything that stops the flow is pain.

“So flow, dearest one, flow, even as I flow into you on this new winter’s day.”

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: