Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today’s text

Psalm 33:20-22


We are waiting for Yahweh; he is our help and our shield, for in him our heart rejoices, in his holy name we trust. Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us, as our hope has rested in you.

Reflection

I wait for you, My God. Impatiently, I wait. Come and lift the burden of past days’ sadness that I may again rejoice with uplifted heart in freedom of spirit.

I have no will or power in my soul to lift myself beyond grayness. I do not even want release, not if it requires much energy for me. I have no effort to give.

My soul is hostage. Only my fingers can move and pray. My soul cannot lift itself above the chair.

So come to me through my fingers. Let my hands become the media of your presence, the path of your approach.

Use them to surprise me, to break through sad helplessness. Move them to find the right words, the precise sound needed to startle my soul into life, my will into action that, I, with you, may fight through this gloom of soul and find the joy of your saints.

I am not alone here. You come, even through fingers. Who knew fingers could form tears of relief and release?

Many. All who have felt the gloom, bore the sadness of the hour and found you, sitting and waiting in the depths, expecting them--now me--to show up. Just sitting there … and smiling.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: