Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday, December 1, 2008

Today’s text

Mark 1:1

The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Reflection

Beginning … a word of promise all its own. To begin again, to have one more chance to get it right, life that is, and love; to become what I am intended to be, what my heart knows it wants and needs to be, to enter into the fullness that I sense within.

This my soul craves, but I am still the same old me.

Even now, in prayer, my heart is not pure but divided, the mind racing ahead to work demanding to be done; hurrying ahead I press to write quickly that I might get to the important labors of the day, as if these quiet moments are not.

All the while I miss the truth of this moment. Today is the beginning of entering the fullness of heart and joy you intend for me, Holy Mystery. Each day is the beginning of the good news you are.

Each day, fresh and free, is filled with the possibility of entering that state of grace and joy you hunger to share.

So free me from anxious thoughts about unfinished tasks, old failures that haunt the soul and words I should not have spoken. Free me that this day may be my new beginning, a gateway into the freedom to be what I am, a freedom known only as I know you.

Let me throw off the weight of yesterday and hear the gospel of a love that makes each day a new beginning. I hunger for new beginnings.

Pr. David L. MIller

No comments: