Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today's text

John 9:7-11

Having said this, [Jesus] spat on the ground, made a paste with the spittle, put this over the eyes of the blind man, and said to him, 'Go and wash in the Pool of Siloam' (the name means 'one who has been sent'). So he went off and washed and came back able to see. His neighbors and the people who used to see him before (for he was a beggar) said, 'Isn't this the man who used to sit and beg?' Some said, 'Yes, it is the same one.' Others said, 'No, but he looks just like him.' The man himself said, 'Yes, I am the one.' So they said to him, 'Then how is it that your eyes were opened?' He answered, 'The man called Jesus made a paste, daubed my eyes with it and said to me, "Go off and wash at Siloam"; so I went, and when I washed I gained my sight.'

Prayer

I am the man. The one who cannot see, the one healed, the one who is confused, the one who has no good answer for how it happened: I am the man.

I am startled by the joy of being illumined by unspeakable grace, no longer needing to wonder who or what has made me and thrown me into existence, no long wondering what Earth is for or what is intended for me, for all. No longer distracted by unanswerable questions that agitate the heart and keep me far from home.

I see you Jesus and am swept into the joy of knowing, not facts or ideas but Presence Abiding. All you are and intend is here for us, not in a long ago story but in revelation of what is … now.

You are the light of the world, the great work of the Loving Mystery no eye has seen. We see you and see what is, the love that envelops our lives in all things and times.

So let us see. Let us see you. And seeing you, let us see all that is and all we are floating in the sea of your eternal mercy.

Illumine our hearts.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: