Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Today's text

Isaiah 22:22; 42:6-9

The key of the house of David will I lay on his shoulder; and he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

I, Yahweh, have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness out of the prison-house. I am Yahweh, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to engraved images. Behold, the former things have happened, and new things do I declare. Before they spring forth I tell you of them.


O Key of David: Come, break down the prison walls of death for those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death; and lead your captive people into freedom.

Come, Key of David; open the door that leads to life.

In the tender flesh of your incarnation you grace the tired Earth
with the freshness of divine embrace.
You take all that is and all we are into the warmth
of intimate embrace where no one
is a stranger and nothing is alien.

Our hearts fly open, and all that is in your divine heart
flows into us.
All we are, our confusion and sin,
our contradictions and failures,
our ideals and hopes, all
of it received and overwhelmed in
the immensity of your mercy.
All we are, lifted and liberated into
truest life as your heart fills and transforms
our own until we, too, radiate
the warmth of your divine embrace.

So come, Key of David, enfold us in the wonder of your incarnation.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: