Thursday, June 20, 2019

Together, we


But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. (Matthew 6:6)

Together, we

I come to this private place where there is just you and me. That’s all. Nothing else exists in the entire world, but we two, together, sharing one love.

Here, the soul wakes, if only for a fleeting second. But one moment of awareness is enough, exquisite and precious, a pearl of inestimable value.

The restless heart quiets, having all it needs, knowing as only love knows the Love you are, the Love we are, together, two, yet one.

So you invite me to be here, Holy One, alone with you, beyond every distraction, with no other purpose, no goal other than togetherness that we may be … we.

So I come, to be made human and alive again, to know what the heart most needs to know, to be healed of every broken thing within.

And I will protect this private place, a holy preserve within, where you are pleased to live and give yourself to me, we, two, together.

Pr. David L. Miller




No comments: