Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Being with


And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, ‘He has Beelzebul, and by the ruler of the demons he casts out demons.’ (Mark 3:22)

Being with

The best time of my day is when I am with you, Jesus.

I breathe deeply and read a few verses from a story where you teach or heal, bless or free a human soul from the grip of evil. I watch you, and my soul usually grows quiet, with few thoughts, if any, beyond the awareness of you.

Everything else disappears. There is only you, and this enough for me. Being with you drives out every anxiety and quiets the soul.

I don’t know how you cast out the evils and obsessions that torture our hearts and hold us in bondage. I know only that your presence is freedom, and that you are always there, waiting for me to come and spend time with you.

You are a living Presence, ever near, who always has a place for me where I can name whatever is in me without shame.

In your presence, the weight of the day, worries about the future and everything that is not love … evaporates. All that remains is an exquisite, rhapsodic awareness of Love that cleanses and frees the soul to know and be the Love who made it.

It is true that you are always with me. This is your promise, and in some obscure way I sense it is real.

But true knowing, awareness that frees the heart, happens most when I set aside time to be with you, moments of breathing, praying, meditating and watching you.

These are the best moments of the day, for I am with you.

Pr. David L. Miller




No comments: