Monday, August 27, 2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018


Luke 12:32-34

‘Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also

A communion of souls

No one can steal what the heart knows. Everything else can be lost, stolen, defaced or destroyed, but not the Love the heart knows … and to Whom it cleaves.

I see you Jesus. The scene appears clear and clean in the eye of imagination. You turn your head to look at me as you lead us down the road of our lives. “It is the Father’s good pleasure,” you say. It is your pleasure, too. The twinkle in your eye tells me that you know the treasure, the kingdom, so freely given.

The kingdom is not a thing nor even a place, but being with you. It is communion with you and with all whom you draw into the circle of hunger and knowing around you.

It is a circle of hunger … for we long to be home where we are fully welcome and wanted, where our restless hearts release life’s burdens and our souls breathe free.  And a circle of knowing … for when we are with you we know you are our home, the souls you gather are our true family, our soul mates.

The kingdom is a communion of souls gathered by the Love you are.

Gathering us into this communion makes you smile. It brings you pleasure. Your eyes sparkle with joy at the gift you give us.

I see your pleasure, Holy One. I feel it, and in feeling it I know you … and I know what you want for me, for us all—a treasure that is now and forever.

So I will follow you and try to do what you want me to do, so that I may know you … in that smile.

Pr. David L. Miller  

No comments: