Thursday, August 25, 2016

Wednesday, August 25, 2016

Luke 14:10

But when you are invited, go and sit down at the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher’; then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at the table with you. 

No higher place

There is no higher place than to be in your presence. Even now I hear you speak within. It is your voice above all others I want to hear. Hearing comforts my heart and fills my morning emptiness with hope for every tomorrow.

Your love finds me here and wherever I am; wherever I go you are there. No distance separates us. Your love knows no boundaries.

As much as I long to be in your presence, your holy longing is greater than mine, above me and beyond all human imagination.

You seek the highest place and for you that is me, my heart, this life. You hunger to be found in me, eager for me to know you within my heart and relish your nearness. 

You ache to hear me, feel me, calling you to come and fill every place of longing, every corner of fear, every doubt and hesitation until we are one joy, hearts in holy communion where there are no longer two but one.

This is the highest place, to be one with you, you in me and me in you, sharing the unity of love that is your holy will for all that is … and my hope every waking morning.

But here in this place hope is already now, present and real, for I hear and know you, even as I know your voice and am lifted to the highest place.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: