Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thursday, Nov. 26, 2015

Psalm 25:4-5

Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
   teach me your paths. 
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
   for you are the God of my salvation;
   for you I wait all day long. 

Thanksgiving

I know your path,
Love and from Love
born, filling the heart
sparkling eyes with
delight of hope undying
when Fullness fills
and stills every craving
of inner ache … with You.

The snow melts now,
brilliant shroud of white
too soon a blight of mud
beneath black limbs once
ago electric with color
now gone, asleep.

But … no worry,
I know: Color comes
in its time and always
will. It’s the way you
are. And luster never
leaves my heart
for I know … You.

You are the Love
who never leaves
when autumn falls,
coming to consciousness,
warming my world
with colors of Presence
and Nearness, of Knowing
the Love who changed
and changes … Everything.

You are never gone,
but ever here … and
there … and wherever
I go. Rush of life,
anxious days, troubles
come, mere clouds,
hiding what always
is and always will be …
You.

Today …
is filled with You,
every feeling acute
and clear, certain and sure,
everywhere I look, every note
that floats across the room,
sounds peace to my ear:
All is well. All is well.
Love lives and reigns,
Mystery ever near and
so far beyond, leaving
two words: Thank you
for being …
You.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: