Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday, October 19, 2015

Mark 10:50-52

So throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. Then Jesus said to him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher, let me see again.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way. 

Seeing

Morning wakes my eyes again.
Wake now this heart to feel,
To know the grace of morning,
Fresh hours of hope, eyes of heart
Open again to see, truly, the sparkle
In your eye when again I see you …
and know the Love that is always.

Blind … then he sees, first, you
And what is there? Not sorrow
Certainly. A smile more divine
Than any before? A furrowed
Brow of concentration? Maybe.
But I will opt for the smile
I carry within wherever I go.

I know … it brought you joy
To sight his eyes again, so take
Now your joy from me, opening
The eyes of this morning heart
Sluggish yet from sleep. Open
My eyes to see again the face I
Carry deep within.

You, shining, sparkling eyes
That speak only Love, quieting
Every longing, awash with tears
Of knowing what is known
Nowhere but in the Love
Who shines in the face I carry
That carries me.

Thank you … again
For Love that is Life, for
Opening morning eyes to see
Your face, your joy in sighting
Me that I might see what I must
See to know and live, truly …
With peace amid the noise.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: