Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Romans 8:37-39

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Crazy

Take liberal mounts of joy and sorrow, love and loss. Mix thoroughly. Make sure each element blends closely with the others. There you have it. Life.

And in the midst of it all … there is love, the Great Love you are, Holy One.

I hear you on the phone in the trembling voice of a soul who carries the wounds and worries of dozens, now saying farewell to a decades-long friend carried away by our old nemesis, cancer.

I feel it, too, in the tears that form in my eyes as I listen to her and feel the welling of soul within that fills me with the knowledge that there is always this … Love, this grace that embraces the whole mixed up mess … me … all I love … everything.

You find me, fill me, assure and love me, filling this heart with truest knowledge of Love’s unfailing embrace. Amid the mess and confusion, disappointment and delight, elation and inevitable limits of our lives … Love is. Great Love. You.

No matter what, in all manner and mix of circumstances, the Love you are remains … and will, stirring a hope that no matter what comes or where we go … we shall know the holy goodness of love and life. Our hearts will feel the fullness of your presence.

The pilot light of hope within is no illusion but an ever-burning witness to the truth that You Are the Great Love who finds us amid the craziness … and fills us with the quiet peace of knowing … You.

For finding me again, for the Love You Are, for giving me life, receive these two necessary but totally inadequate words … thank you.

Pr. David L. Miller



No comments: