Monday, June 08, 2015

June 8, 2015

Psalm 92:1-4

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
   to sing praises to your name, O Most High; 
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
   and your faithfulness by night, 
to the music of the lute and the harp,
   to the melody of the lyre. 
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
   at the works of your hands I sing for joy.

Found again

Gratitude and hope bring me to these keys again, great hope for what might roll from my fingers before my mind knows what is happening and stops me from writing what I am … and discovering what is inside this mystery who wears my face.

I am grateful, Holy One, for whatever I am … I am part of you, not separate but connected, an expression of the life you are. The love and gratitude I know this day bring happy tears and praises you for every joy and pain and experience that brought me to where I am … with hope for who I will be and all that is to come.

Life knows no diminishment as my hair grows whiter (if that is possible). More than ever, I relish the reality of being, just being alive and knowing the wonder of sky and light, cloud and shadow, savoring the grace of love and the hugs and laughter of children in all their spontaneous freedom, which welcomes the immediacy of joy that bubbles beneath the surface of my soul.

Thank you for them … and for all who know how to play, inviting the child within to speak and sing and release the self I most am, so that I might see and know who I have been all along, finally becoming what you always knew me to be.

Thank you for them. They sing the song of your grace to my heart more clearly than any book or teaching ever could.

It is days like this, moments like these when I know this life is not about figuring things out, reducing the world, emotions, actions, politics, the state of the world (blah, blah, blah) into tidy explanations and equations in some vain attempt to find meaning … and You … in the midst of all the noise.

I don’t need to find anything … because you continue to find me even as I stumble across these keys savoring moments when life, no Life, finds and surprises me and makes me glad.

Thank you.

Pr. David L. Miller


No comments: