Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Colossians 1:1-2

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the saints and faithful brothers and sisters in Christ in Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father. 

Ready to go

Every day is a journey, Holy One, a journey of hope. How can it be otherwise? For it is you who send us out.

I remember all those trips, dragging my packed bag through airports to cities and peoples unknown to me, knowing only that was you, through your church, who sent me to go and see.

I went, knowing always I would see you. You would find me in places and faces I had never known or imagined. You taught me to live in expectation for I never knew who, where, how or when you would open my eyes to see and my ears to hear … you.

I knew only that you sent me that the Love you are might be made known to and through me. That’s the way you are. You hunger to be known. You communicate not this or that idea about you … but you, the grace and peace, the fullness of Love you are.

No longer must I hustle through airports. Those days are done, but each day is its own journey. And I still don’t know who or when, how or where I will speak and share the love you are … or receive it from it another soul in an expected moment.

I know only that you are the Mystery of this Love who seeks not merely to communicate … but to commune … with me and every face today I see.

So let the journey begin. Send me to share and receive the wonder of your grace. I carry no bag … only a heart filled with hope.

 You have surprised me many times. Surprise me again, today.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: