Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Psalm 31:14-16

But I trust in you, O Lord;
   I say, ‘You are my God.’ 
My times are in your hand;

   deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors. 
Let your face shine upon your servant;
   save me in your steadfast love. 

Snow day

Make time stop;
the moments pass
too soon. I do not fear
the passing of time but
moments come so full
much time is needed to feel
and know what is in each one.

Packed full of eternity,
eternity is needed for the
heart to feel and know the
blessing of each, for mind to
claim and name the beauty of
the world silver blue and brilliant
white, winter splendor in golden sun,
radiant light so bright wintery eyes
cannot stand the wonder even through
dirty windshield, my soul aching to capture
with words this moment, to hold it, refusing
to let it go, grieving its passage, sorrow
that so many moments have gone
unnoticed, unnamed, their beauty
and love lost to the soul even as
my words reach to hold this one,
this joyous gift a little longer
lest it slip away, lost to my
heart, aching to hold the
love awakened, failing
for this love is too
large; it cannot
be held, for it
holds me.

I grasp for words
big enough to hold
the love and joy of blue
and gold, shimmering white,
blinding light, filling me with
a love beyond any loves I have
known. Oneness: the heart knows
no separation from the colors of
the day. We are one, one life,
one beauty, one love and
for one moment I feel
and know I am they
and they are me, and
I have everything
for which my
heart longs.

So stop time now,
Holy One, let no more
moments pass; this one
is complete, perfect, and I
am complete. Hold me here
in this moment, eternal oneness.
Let no more moments come or go
that this heaven may not be lost, lest
I be lost from this heaven. I want never
to lose what this moment is, but mere
words cannot hold it; they are too
weak. I cannot stop the passage
of time, so hold me, hold my
times in your hand that the
love that is here and now
might never be lost to
this heart that aches
to know what I know
on snow days.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: