Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday, January 12, 2015

Psalm 139:1-3 

Lord, you have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
   you discern my thoughts from far away.
You search out my path and my lying down,
   and are acquainted with all my ways.

I know … you

Light flows through south
windows, and I know …
as light embraces every space
warming and filling each far
corner so is your knowledge
of me, all I am and all that is.

Nothing is left out; wounds
and scars from childhood,
places I protect, secrets
we hide, sorrows unexpected
moments awaken and trouble
the tender heart; light
finds them all.

And troubles need not be
for it is you, Loving One,
who know me. Your knowledge
of this soul is not fearful, for you
are Love and your knowing is
a lover’s knowledge of this life,
this soul, the times of my living
and hidden corners of heart.

In your knowing, … I know ..
I live in the light of your knowing,
the light of your loving,
the warmth of utter compassion,
the delight of your eye that never
ceases to see and know and love
each moment of my days
from the child I was--wounded, afraid
and alone, to the soul you have grown
from earliest moments, yes even
from pains I would have fled,
given the chance.

You look at it all and say,
“Yes, even that, even there,
even then I knew you. Look …
with me … at all of it … and
love it … for I see, it all
and love it all, for from it all I have
made a heart that is true with love,
hope and joy. I know and love …
you. Come, enter the joy of living
in the light of this knowing.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: