Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today’s text

Isaiah 65:1


I have let myself be approached by those who did not consult me. I have let myself be found by those who did not seek me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am!' to a nation that did not invoke my name.

Reflection
I seek you, my Lord. Yet, my seeking is wane and weak. So much gets in the way, blocking the path, and I let it happen.

And still you seek my heart; still you haunt my mind; still you call in my restlessness, stirring me in the hunger I cannot satisfy, the yearning that knows no fulfillment.

I know where fulfillment lies. It rests hidden in the moment of mercy, the exquisite timelessness when nothing matters but your enveloping love.

In that blessed time--in that time alone, I know you. All other knowledge fades to beige in the bright light of Presence, and the completeness of your love completes my soul, rendering irrelevant everything else that I think I know.

I have lived too long and too far removed from the time of knowledge, but even now in the nagging and longing of an unsatisfied heart I feel you. I hear you calling, ‘Hear I am. Right here!”

You wave your arms in my hunger. You shout aloud in my yearning. You beckon me to come home and to find you who are eager to be found.

For I am never lost to you, no matter how far I wander from the places of true knowledge where you are all and all is in you.

And you find me again, even here and definitely now.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: