Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today’s text

Jeremiah 33:14-16


Look, the days are coming, Yahweh declares, when I shall fulfill the promise of happiness I made to the House of Israel and the House of Judah: In those days and at that time, I shall make an upright Branch grow for David, who will do what is just and upright in the country. In those days Judah will triumph and Israel live in safety. And this is the name the city will be called: Yahweh-is-our-Saving-Justice."

Reflection

Come, Lord Jesus. You are the righteous branch who grows from King David’s line. You are the fulfillment of promise and not of God’s promise alone. You fulfill the longing prophetic words stir in our hearts long centuries after their origin.

And we have such longing. We hunger to see, hear and be blessed by one who wills what you will, Loving Mystery, who loves what you love, who is pure in heart, fully given to your eternal desire.

We long to know Jesus, our brother who is truly your child, given solely to you. Seeing him, we know you and the life and the happiness for which we are intended.

So turn my heart from the distractions in which I delight. Turn my eyes to Jesus that I may see a life always guided by your eternal desire.

Let me see in him the beauty for which I hunger, for it is only in seeing and knowing that beauty also within myself that happiness comes, with truest humanity and the peaceful assurance that, finally, I have arrived home.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: