Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today’s text

Psalm 131

Yahweh, my heart is not haughty,
I do not set my sights too high.
I have taken no part in great affairs,
in wonders beyond my scope.

No, I hold myself in quiet and silence,
like a little child in its mother’s arms,
like a little child, so I keep myself.

Let Israel hope in Yahweh
henceforth and for ever.

Prayer

You are my place, Holy One;
knowing you, I know
myself, and surrender my
grasping for that which you
have not intended
for me.

But when I praise you,
when your greatness
envelops my soul,
I am complete, with
nothing to prove, and
needing nothing
but you.

I go to my tasks, my
heart calm, my
soul assured, my
mind clear, my
focus pure, my
hands given to
the work you give,
my true worship.

You are my place, Holy One;
in you I know myself,
my freedom.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: