Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday, May 16, 2008

Today’s text

Matthew 28:16-20

Meanwhile the eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had arranged to meet them. When they saw him they fell down before him, though some hesitated. Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.'

Prayer

‘Yes,’ this is your word to us.

Yes, I am with you. Yes, I always will be. Yes, in deepest sorrow. Yes, when you have lost your way, your sight, yourself. Yes, when you don’t know what to do and when there is nothing you can do.

Yes, today and tomorrow. Yes, on this corner of my good Earth and wherever your feet may take you.

Yes, to the ends of the Earth and the eternity of time.

Yes, for you are never abandoned. You are forever the unforsaken, the beloved, a cradled child. Mine. And my word to you is singular.

Yes.

My saints long before you clung to my ‘Yes’ in circumstances unimaginable, amid joys inexpressible and griefs unbearable. And I was enough for them.

I was their ‘Yes,’ and ever I shall be. For you.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: