Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday, April 25, 2008

Today’s text

John 14:18-21

I shall not leave you orphans; I shall come to you. In a short time the world will no longer see me; but you will see that I live and you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father and you in me and I in you. Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.'

Prayer

It is in love you are revealed, Holy One.

In love, we know you. In love, we see you. In love, we understand your command is the love you are, the love you give, the love in us that opens our eyes to see that love is the source and omega point of the cosmos and of our little lives.

In love you make the universe that in love you may join with it. In love you sing your song that all may join with you in seamless harmony.

In love, our brother Jesus entered this garden of your delight revealing the intention of love. And in love you continue to delight in this garden despite its defilement and our determined rejection of your generosity.

For neither defilement nor rejection drives you away. In love your hungry heart hunts out every opening to your love that all may glow with the love you are. And all reveal the beauty of your face.

May we see and be such beauty.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: