Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today’s text

3 John 1:1-2

“The elder to the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth. Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul.”

Prayer


How good it is, how pleasant when we live together in harmony. It fills the soul with peace and quiet joy.

And it fulfills your purpose, Blessed Triune One. Our harmony reveals the loving unity of your inner life. The wonder of unity bears the final future into the present that we may know the completion of life in your kingdom. We taste eternal life, and know the goodness to which we move.

Harmony among my sisters and brothers of the faith, of the flesh, of friendship comforts and completes my heart, Dear Friend. Seeing human souls live a single moment in harmony and care-full unity can move me to tears. I know why.

Tears come at the appearance of souls finding a home where they might rest, revealing my own hunger and promising its fulfillment. More than a promise, such a sight allows me to rest, knowing my home is ever in you, in the love you are, the love you incarnate in frail human relationships.

May it happen again today. And may I see it. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: