Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today’s text

3 John 1:11

“Beloved, do not imitate what is evil but imitate what is good. Whoever does good is from God; whoever does evil has not seen God.”

Prayer

All rests upon seeing you, Blessed Goodness. The shattering image of absolute goodness, whole and true, pure and undiluted dissolves and washes clean the encrustations of evil on the human heart.

You are whole-hearted and full, given utterly to life itself, taking delight in all that is, weeping tears of joy at the beauty of earth and its sorrow, wanting nothing more or less than to wrap all that is in the loving joy ecstatically dancing in your inner life.

I have no words for this. How dare I speak of your inner life, for you have no inner or outer? You are pure Being Itself, life without limit. You simply are. And you are goodness, that eternal ecstatic dance of love within and beyond our human time and space. Forgive my presumption, my daily assaults on your immense majesty, my constant failure to bring to words the loving wonder of your goodness.

But how can I not speak of that intuition of your loving presence that never goes away? It is always there, however vague or obscure. How can I not seek to capture the dancing fire of your life, since it is my greatest need, a need you fashioned in my depths?

I hunger to see and snare with words the goodness you are. When I see you I am free and full and finally myself, that expression of your love that you intend in creating me, light of heart and walking lightly upon your earth.

So let me capture with mere words something of your undiluted goodness, that, seeing you, I may join the dance of your delight in my little moment of your eternity. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: