Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today’s text

1 John 5:13

“I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.”

Prayer

There are some things I know, O Nameless Love. I know the breath in my lungs. I know the sound of the crickets and tree frogs as I sit long evenings on the patio. I know the beauty of human souls surrendered to a great love for which they are willing to suffer.

And I know all these are your dance in the emptiness of time and space.

I know that all love and life, all beauty and wonder, all self-sacrifice and true generosity, all kindness and gentleness, all joy and peace are the fullness of your Being playing a holy game, coaxing me to join in that I might live.

I know it brings you joy to lift human souls into the fullness of the Love you are, where we find fullness of life and joy.

In all of this, I know you. And knowing you is eternal life. Thanks for letting me know. Amen.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: