Monday, March 05, 2018

Monday, March 5, 2018



Psalm 84:1-2

How lovely is your dwelling place,
   O Lord of hosts! 
My soul longs, indeed it faints
   for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy     
   to the living God.                                 

Dwelling Place

You dwell in the outer reaches of space yet are near as my breath. You are the light that opens my eyes as bird choirs chant your praise. You are the silent watcher who speaks in the night when sleep will not come.

There is no place you are not and no place you refuse to meet us. Wherever we go, you are there ... waiting.

Yet, you seem more real in some places than others. For the ancient Jews the temple was that place their hearts sang with the joy of knowing you.

But I come here, a gray chair, a desk in the basement quiet. This is your dwelling place ... for me. I know you in the sweet silence broken only by my fingers on the keys and the gurgle of steaming coffee.

I hurry down the steps to sit and listen to your word, craving that one exquisite moment when a word will carry me into a Great Love and fill me with joy and tears.

You are the Great Love who haunts my days and refuses to rest at night, for you long for me to know you. You crave me as much as I need you.

Having known and tasted you, nothing else can satisfy. There is no joy like simply being ... with you.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: