Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday January 26, 2015

Psalm 62:1-2

For God alone my soul waits in silence;
   from him comes my salvation. 
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
   my fortress; I shall never be shaken. 

Knowing silence

Quiet is the space where
I sit and wait; house noises
surround, soft furnace
purring, giving warmth;
keyboard keys click beneath
fumbling fingers, wood frame
creaks in winter’s cold as
white candle flickers radiant
and near, promising the Presence
of light beyond its own.

No scripture word attracts
or brings light; only silence
appeals this day. Too many words
I have spoken and heard; the heart
hungers for the word silence
speaks at the deep inner point
where the heart knows what
it knows and rests in the love
it hears, knowing all is well,
knowing the love that knows
you … and wants you still.

Yet, strangely it is words
I do not control, flowing
through my fumbling
fingers from heart’s deep inner
room that carry me into the
knowing silence that speaks what
I want and need, illumining
the heart with light that is light
and love that is love, bringing rest
and assurance that the promise
of candle light is true …
always true.


Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: